Terms and conditions
Group bookings and catered cruises
ARTICLE 1. DEFINITIONS
In these terms and conditions the hereinafter mentioned expressions will be used in the following meaning, unless explicitly otherwise indicated.
Blue Boat Company: the user of these terms and conditions.
Customer: the other party.
ARTICLE 2. GENERAL
- These general terms and conditions apply to all offers, quotations and agreements between Blue Boat Company and a Customer to which Blue Boat Company has declared these general terms and conditions applicable, as far as from these general terms and conditions hasn’t been deviated by parties explicitly and in writing.
- Any deviations from these general terms and conditions are only applicable if and when they are agreed in writing.
- No general terms of purchase, nor any other terms or conditions put forward by the Customer are applicable.
- If any of the conditions in these general terms and conditions of Blue Boat Company is null and void or becomes nullified, the remaining conditions will remain in full force. Blue Boat Company and Customer will then confer with each other in order to agree upon new conditions in substitution of the null and/or nullified conditions, in which the purpose and intent of the original condition will be complied with as much as possible.
ARTICLE 3. OFFERS AND QUOTATIONS
- All offers are free of engagement, unless the offer mentions a term of acceptance.
- Quotations made by Blue Boat Company are free of engagement; they are valid for 14 days, unless otherwise indicated. Blue Boat Company is only bound by the quotations if and when their acceptance by the Customer is confirmed in writing within 14 days, unless otherwise indicated.
- Offers and quotations don’t automatically apply to future orders.
ARTICLE 4. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AGREEMENT
- Weather conditions (hard storm and/or floating ice and/or high water) which obstruct and/or block the round trip apply as resolutive condition for all round trips. Whether there are such weather conditions, lies within the discretion of the captain on duty.
- Blue Boat Company is entitled to remove passengers who misbehave or are under the influence of alcohol.
- Customer can’t claim a certain type of boat or any specific boat for the implementation of a program.
- Customer shall follow all instructions given by Blue Boat Company or its employees strict and without delay. Access to vessels, landing stage and cashbooth can be refused without reason given if and when this is considered necessary by Blue Boat Company, for example in connection with capacity, safety, public order, imminent damage or hindrance.
ARTICLE 5. DELAY
- If the Customer isn’t present at the agreed time, additional costs made by Blue Boat Company will be charged on to the Customer.
- In case of exceeding of the departure time the first fifteen minutes are at the expense of Blue Boat Company. For any further fifteen minutes delay or part thereof the Customer shall pay additional sailing time and additional costs for attendants, guides and other crew members.
- Large delays caused by the Customer can result in the cancellation of (parts of) the program, without any right to repayment for the Customer.
ARTICLE 6. PAYMENT
- On signing the agreement the Customer shall pay 100% of the total amount due, at a Minimum of € 100,-. The total amount shall be paid preceding one day before the round trip either cash or by bank transfer or by electronic payment at the cash desk of Blue Boat Company.
- If the down payment isn’t effected in time, Blue Boat Company is entitled to annul the agreement without judicial intervention or proof of default, without the Customer being entitled to any compensation on that account. All this without prejudice to the rights of Blue Boat Company.
- Any collecting fees shall be made fully at the expense of the Customer.
ARTICLE 7. CATERING
- On board catering will be exclusively taken care of by Blue Boat Company itself, unless explicitly otherwise agreed between Blue Boat Company and Customer.
- Customer is obliged to pay the catering costs, as far as they haven’t been included in the quotation yet, within 14 days after the date of the invoice to Blue Boat Company.
- If the Customer doesn’t comply with his payment obligations within 14 days, the Customer is in default without serving notice and that which the Customer is indebted to Blue Boat Company, will be increased with legal interests and non-legal expenses. These non-legal expenses add up to 15% of the amount of the invoice, at a Minimum of € 115,-.
ARTICLE 8. CANCELLATION BY THE CUSTOMER
- In case of cancellation after the final confirmation Customer is at all times obliged to pay € 25,- of administration costs.
- In case of cancellation 6 weeks before the date of the round trip Customer is obliged to pay 10% of the total amount.
- In case of cancellation 6 to 2 weeks before the date of the round trip Customer is obliged to pay 25% of the total amount.
- In case of cancellation 2 to 1 week before the date of the round trip Customer is obliged to pay 50% of the total amount.
- In case of cancellation 7 to 2 days before the date of the round trip Customer is obliged to pay 75% of the total amount.
- In case of cancellation within 48 hours before the date of the round trip Customer is obliged to pay 100% of the total amount.
- Cancellation can only be done in writing.
ARTICLE 9. PARTIAL CANCELLATION
- Diminution of the number of passengers or otherwise alteration of the contents of the agreement has to be done in writing.
- A diminution of the number of passengers with a maximum margin of 10% of the original number of passengers can be introduced free of charges-48 hours prior to the round trip. After the afore-mentioned time the last known size of the group applies.
- In case of diminution of the number of passengers of more than 10% the cancellation conditions of article 8 apply.
- For additional passengers who aren’t introduced 48 hours before the round trip an additional price in fairness will be charged. The captain on duty decides on the admittance of additional passengers when the number of passengers indicated in the quotation is being exceeded.
ARTICLE 10. LIABILITY OF BLUE BOAT COMPANY
- Blue Boat Company does not accept liability for loss of and/or damage to belongings of the Customer. The Customer takes aboard all of his or her belongings fully at his or her own risk.
- Blue Boat Company does not accept liability for loss as a result of death or injury of the Customer, except for loss caused by intent or gross negligence on the part of Blue Boat Company.
- Blue Boat Company does not accept liability for injury of persons or damage to belongings caused when entering the landing stage or the round trip vessel. The Customer enters the landing stage and round trip vessel fully at his or her own risk.
- Blue Boat Company does not accept liability for loss due to delay at departure or delay during the round trip.
- Blue Boat Company does not accept liability for indirect or consequential loss.
- Notwithstanding the previous sections of this article 10, the liability of Blue Boat Company is at all times limited to the amount that is paid out under the insurance policy of Blue Boat Company.
- As far as Blue Boat Company should happen to be liable for any loss which isn’t paid out under the insurance policy of Blue Boat Company, the liability of Blue Boat Company is at all times limited to the amount of the invoice.
ARTICLE 11. LIABILITY OF THE CUSTOMER
- The Customer is liable for damage to the belongings of Blue Boat Company or any third-party caused by the Customer.
- The Customer is liable for loss suffered by Blue Boat Company and for injury of the employees of Blue Boat Company caused by the Customer or his or her luggage.
- All activities organised by Blue Boat Company occur fully at the Customer’s own risk.
- The Customer indemnifies Blue Boat Company against third-party liability.
ARTICLE 12. COMPLAINTS
- Any complaints have to be filed in writing at the latest within 2 days after the round trip.
- Complaints that aren’t being filed in writing or aren’t being filed within 2 days after the round trip, will not be dealt with.
- Contrary to the previous sections of this article 12, any complaints about the catering should be mentioned on the evening itself and explicitly to the present attendants.
ARTICLE 13. APPLICABLE LAW
- Dutch law is exclusively applicable to these terms and conditions and to all agreements made under these terms and conditions.
- Any dispute that may arise from these terms and conditions and/or agreements made under these terms and conditions will be exclusively brought to the competent court in the district of Amsterdam.
ARTICLE 14. SAFETY
- At all times Customer must follow up instructions given by the captain.
- If instructions are ignored, Blue Boat Company has the right to break off the cruise, this all without restitution of payment.
E-tickets / online sales
ARTICLE 1. | DEFINITIONS
In these general terms & conditions the following terms are used, in all cases capitalized, with the following meanings.
- Blue Boat Company: part of B.V. Algemene Amsterdamse Rederij Noord-Zuid, the user of these general terms & conditions within the context of the operation of the Website, having its registered place of business at Stadhouderskade 30, 1071 ZD in Amsterdam, and entered in the Trade Register under KvK (Chamber of Commerce) number 33164380.
- Other Party: any natural person or legal entity entering into an Agreement or intending to enter into an Agreement by means of the Website.
- Consumer: an Other Party, natural person, not acting in the exercise of a profession or business.
- Parties: the Other Party and Blue Boat Company jointly.
- Agreement: all Agreements arising directly, by means of the Website, between the Parties whereby Blue Boat Company has undertaken vis-a-vis the Other Party to deliver one or more Tickets, giving entitlement upon presentation thereof to admission to a Canal cruise organised by Blue Boat Company.
- Ticket: any e-ticket delivered by e-mail within the context of the Agreement to the Other Party, presentation of which provides admission to the Canal cruise.
- Canal cruise: the canal cruise to which the Ticket applies and to which Ticket gives admission.
- Website: blueboat.nl.
- In Writing: written communication, communication by e-mail or any other means of communication that can be seen as equivalent to this in relation to the current state of technology and according to generally accepted standards.
ARTICLE 2. | GENERAL CONDITIONS
- These general terms & conditions apply to all legitimate offers of Tickets made by means of the Website to the Other Party, and to all Agreements entered into.
- Any general terms & conditions of the Other Party, howsoever called and referred to, do not apply to the Agreement.
- Deviations from that stipulated in these general terms & conditions may only be made explicitly and In Writing.
- Nullity or invalidity of one or more of the stipulations of these general terms & conditions or the Agreement as such, are without prejudice to the validity of the other stipulations. In such cases, Parties are obliged to consult with one another in order to arrive at a replacement arrangement in relation to the stipulation that is invalid or null and void. The aim of the original stipulation will be retained in this as far as possible.
ARTICLE 3. | OFFER AND CONCLUSION OF THE AGREEMENT
- All offers of Tickets on the Website are without obligation and are made subject to availability of the Canal tours offered. Blue Boat Company may revoke its offer until immediately after, or in any event as soon as possible after, acceptance thereof by the Other Party. In such cases, Blue Boat Company will immediately ensure reimbursement of the payment made by the Other Party.
- Notwithstanding that stipulated in the previous paragraph, all Agreements are concluded the moment the Other Party has accepted the offer on the Website and fulfilled all conditions explicitly stated in the offer, including payment of the price payable by the Other Party. Notwithstanding that stipulated in paragraph 1, Blue Boat Company will then confirm the Other Party’s order by e-mail.
ARTICLE 4. | RIGHT OF DISSOLUTION FOR CONSUMERS
- The law provides the Consumer with the right to dissolve the Agreement without stating grounds up to 14 days after conclusion of the Agreement. However, this right of dissolution for Consumers does not apply in the event that:
a date and time is agreed on which the Ticket is valid, and this is not an ‘Open Ticket’ valid for an indefinite period
the Ticket is an Open Ticket and is used within the 14-day reconsideration period, provided that:
Fulfillment of the Agreement by Blue Boat Company has started, with the prior explicit agreement of the Consumer; and
the Consumer has stated that s/he waives his/her right of dissolution as soon as the Blue Boat Company has fulfilled the Agreement. The Agreement is valid as agreed at the moment the Ticket is used and the boat departs.
- In the event that the Consumer exercises his/her right to dissolve s/he may dissolve the Agreement by submitting a request to this end to Blue Boat Company by e-mail or making use of the model form for dissolution provided by Blue Boat Company. As soon as possible after Blue Boat Company has been informed of the Consumer’s intention to dissolve the Agreement, and provided that the stipulations of this article have been fulfilled, Blue Boat Company will confirm the dissolution by e-mail.
- In the event of valid recourse to the right of dissolution, Blue Boat Company will refund to the Consumer the payments already received from the Consumer as soon as possible, and in any event no later than within fourteen days of dissolution of the Agreement.
ARTICLE 5. | PAYMENT AND DELIVERY OF TICKETS
- Payment for Tickets must be made by one of the payment methods specified by Blue Boat Company on the Website. The Other Party is obliged upon conclusion of the Agreement to make payment in full in advance. Blue Boat Company is not obliged to deliver Tickets ordered until the Other Party has paid in full the amount payable by it to Blue Boat Company by virtue of the Agreement.
- Tickets ordered and paid for will be delivered to the e-mail address specified by the Other Party. Blue Boat Company will never be liable for damages incurred by the Other Party providing an incorrect e-mail address.
ARTICLE 6. | ADMISSION TO THE CANAL CRUISE
- Each Ticket will be provided to the Other Party once only, and gives entitlement to admission to the Canal Cruise for one person, unless it is explicitly stated otherwise In Writing. The participant in the Canal cruise must show the Ticket using his or her smartphone, or printed out, whereby the QR code must be clearly visible. In the event that the QR code cannot be scanned as a result of any circumstance attributable to the Other Party or the participant – for example a printed Ticket is damaged or not clearly printed – Blue Boat Company is entitled to refuse admission to the Canal cruise without being held liable for any refund of the price paid for the Ticket or any other form of compensation.
- The Ticket entitles the holder thereof to admission to the Canal cruise. Only the holder of a valid Ticket who is the first to show the Ticket at the entrance will be granted admission to the Canal cruise. Blue Boat Company may assume that the holder of a valid Ticket is also the rightful owner thereof. The participant in the Canal cruise must ensure that s/he is and remains the holder of the Ticket provided by Blue Boat Company.
ARTICLE 7. | CANCELLATION & RELOCATION OF THE CANAL CRUISE BY BLUE BOAT COMPANY
- In the event of force majeure or unforeseen exceptional circumstances, Blue Boat Company reserves the right at all times to cancel the Agreement, for example in the event of extreme bad weather or ice on the water.
- In the event of cancellation as referred to in the previous paragraph, Blue Boat Company will notify the Other Party of this at the earliest opportunity and refund the amount paid by the Other Party at the earliest opportunity, without the Other Party being able to claim any further compensation.
ARTICLE 8. | FORCE MAJEURE
- Blue Boat Company is not obliged to fulfil any obligation ensuing from the Agreement if and for as long as Blue Boat is hindered in its efforts to do so by a circumstance not attributable to it by law, through a juristic act or according to generally accepted standards.
- In the event that the situation of force majeure makes it permanently impossible to fulfil the Agreement, the Parties are entitled to dissolve the Agreement with immediate effect.
- In the event that Blue Boat Company, at the time the situation of force majeure occurs, already carried out its obligations in part, or is able to carry out its obligations only in part, it will be entitled to charge the Other Party separately for the part of the Agreement already carried out or to be carried out, except in as far as this has no independent value in itself.
- Damages incurred as a consequence of force majeure are never subject to compensation, without prejudice to the applicability of the previous paragraph.
ARTICLE 9. | LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
- Blue Boat Company is never liable for damages arising because it has worked on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information provided by the Other Party.
- Blue Boat Company is never liable for indirect damages, including personal injury, losses sustained, loss of profits and losses resulting from business interruption. Blue Boat Company can, notwithstanding that stipulated in the rest of these general terms & conditions and in particular that stipulated in Paragraph 4, only be held liable vis-a-vis the Other Party for direct losses incurred by the Other Party as a result of a shortcoming in the implementation of the Agreement attributable to Blue Boat Company. An attributable shortcoming is defined as a shortcoming that a good professional acting with due care and attention can and should avoid, all of which with the observance of a normal degree of attentiveness and the professional knowledge and resources required for the implementation of the Agreement.
- In the event that Blue Boat Company is liable vis-a-vis the Other Party for any damages, Blue Boat Company is at all times entitled to remediate these damages. The Other Party must give Blue Boat Company the opportunity to do so, failing which all liability on the part of Blue Boat Company in the matter will lapse.
- Blue Boat Company’s liability will at all times be limited to no more than the billable value of the Agreement, or in any event to that part of the Agreement concerned by Blue Boat Company’s liability.
- The Other Party indemnifies Blue Boat Company from any claims from third parties incurring damages in relation to the implementation of the Agreement, the cause of which is attributable to parties other than Blue Boat Company.
- The right to lodge a claim or defense in relation to the argument that the Canal cruise offered by Blue Boat Company does not correspond to the Agreement lapses in the event that the alleged shortcoming is not reported to Blue Boat Company within 14 days of the termination of the Canal cruise, In Writing and stating grounds.
ARTICLE 10. | INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All copyright and other intellectual property rights to the Website, including the design and operation thereof, as well as the images and texts placed thereon, are the property of Blue Boat Company. The Other Party is not permitted to copy this material, nor to reproduce this nor use this in any manner whatsoever other than that which is essential in relation to the normal use of the Website.
ARTICLE 11. | COMPLAINTS
- In relation to complaints concerning Blue Boat Company, the Other Party can contact Blue Boat Company by e-mail.
- Complaints concerning Blue Boat Company will be processed as quickly as possible following their receipt. In the event that no concrete response can be given within 14 days of receipt of the complaint, the Other Party will receive a confirmation of receipt within this term, accompanied by a statement of the term within which the Other Party will receive a concrete response.
- In the event that a complaint from a Consumer concerning Blue Boat Company cannot be resolved in consultation, the Consumer may submit the dispute to the disputes body of the ODR platform (europa.eu/consumers/odr/).
ARTICLE 12. | FINAL STIPULATIONS
- The law of the Netherlands is exclusively applicable to all Agreements and all legal relationships between the Parties ensuing therefrom.
- In the event of a legal dispute arising between the Parties, the Parties will not submit this to the competent court before having made every effort to resolve the dispute amicably.
- Unless in the circumstances in question the law deviates imperatively from this, only the court in Amsterdam will be competent to hear any legal disputes between the Parties.
- In the event that these general terms & conditions are available in several languages, the Dutch-language version will in all cases prevail in terms of interpretation of the stipulations contained therein.