Frequently asked questions
- Can I take a suitcase with me on board?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to take a suitcase on board due to lack of space. It’s also not possible to leave your suitcase on the dock.
- Do you have an iAmsterdam City Card?
It is not possible to make a reservation via our website. You can only book a timeslot at our ticket office. Please visit one of our ticket offices to book a timeslot or to hop on the first available cruise.
- Does Blue Boat Company accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept Visa and MasterCard. We do have a € 25 minimum on credit card payments.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks on the canal cruises?
Unfortunately, it is not allowed to bring your own food and/or drinks on board. Only snacks and/or drinks that are bought in the ticket shop can be consumed on board.
- Can I bring my dog with me on the canal cruise?
Dogs aren’t allowed on board (with the exception of an assistance dog).
- Will I get seasick during the canal cruise?
It is very unlikely that you’ll get seasick during a canal cruise. The boats mostly sail within Amsterdam’s city centre where the water usually stays very calm.
- Do the canal cruise boats have a toilet?
All of our boats have a toilet on board, except for the small, open boat.
- What happens when it rains/storms/freezes?
Most canal cruise boats have a roof that can close fully and have central heating on board. So even if it is cold outside, you will be warm inside the boat. The boats mostly sail within the city centre where the water stays very calm, so they can sail in almost any weather.
If a cruise cannot take place due to extreme weather circumstances, the company will contact you to reschedule your ticket to another date.
- I’m in a wheelchair. Can I come and do a canal cruise?
Blue Boat Company is the only company that has wheelchair accessible boats, so please make sure you book a cruise with them if there’s a wheelchair user in your company.
After you’ve booked a canal cruise with Blue Boat Company, please call them a day before your booked date. They’ll inform you when the wheelchair accessible boats depart. You can contact them via +31 20 679 1370.
- Why do I have to pay a city tax of € 1,50?
City tax, more commonly known as tourist tax, is a small fee charged to tourists by the municipality. This will be used to finance and maintaining facilities in the city.
- Can I bring a pram/stroller on board?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to bring a stroller with you on board due to lack of space. Strollers have to be folded and left at the dock.
- I have not received my tickets. What should I do?
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the name on your ticket, the date and (if applicable) the timeslot that you have booked.