Update June 1, 2020
We’re happy to be able to welcome you back for a canal cruise through Amsterdam! To ensure everyone’s safety on board and on location, we’re following the guidelines of RIVM and the government. We have also taken additional safety measures. For example, we have a limited capacity on the boat to be able to keep the 1,5 meters distance, there are fixed walking routes and extra attention will be paid to hygiene.
Below you’ll find an overview of our rules:
- Several disinfection dispensers are available on location. Guests are required to disinfect their hands before boarding the ticketing office and boat.
- When boarding, the first guests are placed in the back of the boat and when disembarking, the guests in the front of the boat are the first to get off.
- It is not allowed to walk around during the cruise.
- The boats are thoroughly disinfected after every cruise.
- We request our guests to pre-book tickets online in advance to avoid long lines and crowds at the checkout house.
- After returning to the dock, no groups are allowed to form on the dock or sidewalk.
- Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms.
- Always follow the instructions of our staff.
We request our guests to abide by the rules so that we can all enjoy a canal cruise through Amsterdam in a safe way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it still possible to buy tickets at the ticket office?
Yes, our ticket office is open. However, we request everyone to pre-book their ticket online if possible. This way we can avoid long lines and crowds on location.
Can I pay with cash at the checkout house?
No, it is no longer possible to pay with cash. We only accept contactless payments.
Are there toilets on board?
Yes, the toilets on board are now open again for our guests.
Is there a bar service on board?
No. Currently, we don’t provide bar service on board. Drinks, snacks and snack boxes are available in the cash register house for navigation.
What are the routes on the boat?
When boarding, the first guests are placed in the back of the boat and when disembarking, the guests in the front of the boat are the first to get off.
Update May 18, 2020
Have a drink on a terrace, visit a museum or go to the cinema; it will all be possible again from June 1. Blue Boat Company also hopes to offer you a canal cruise through Amsterdam starting from June 1. We’re currently awaiting permission from the safety region and will keep you informed of further developments on our website.
Update March 16, 2020
Following the decisions of the Dutch government with regards to the outbreak of COVID-19, it is with regret to inform you that as of Sunday 15th March 1:30PM we have stopped running all our Canal Cruises until the 19th of May 2020. After this date, Blue Boat Company will oversee the situation from day to day and will inform you via this channel if our taken measures have to be extended.
For booking excl. catering, we’ll provide a voucher to the value of the booking that was made. This voucher will be valid for a maximum of 1 year after the original sailing date. For (group) bookings incl. catering, we will discuss the options with our catering partner and will contact you regarding that.
If you have booked a ticket online via an online travel agent, please refer back to this travel agent for more information regarding your booking.
If you have any questions, please do let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
Blue Boat Company