Following the decisions of the Dutch government with regards to the outbreak of COVID-19, we regret to inform you that we have stopped running all our Canal Cruises until 31 May 2021. After this date, Blue Boat Company will oversee the situation from day to day and will inform you via this channel if the taken measures have to be extended.
If you have booked a ticket online via an online travel agent, please refer back to this travel agent to cancel your booking. If refunds need to be given directly via Blue Boat Company, please do give us some time to process as our office will not be at full strength for the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
Blue Boat Company
Update 20 November 2020
Blue Boat Company is happy to welcome you back on board on the 27th of November!
For the time being, we’ll start with the City Canal Cruise and Evening Cruise that will depart from our dock opposite Hard Rock Café (Stadhouderskade 501) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. During the Christmas holidays (December 18 to January 3) we will sail every day.
We’re following the guidelines of RIVM and the government and have taken additional safety measures. For example, we have a limited capacity on the boat to be able to keep the 1,5 meters distance, there are fixed walking routes and extra attention will be paid to hygiene.
You’ll find an overview of the rules and regulations that we’re following:
- We request our guests to pre-book tickets online in advance to avoid long lines and crowds at the checkout house.
- Several disinfection dispensers are available on location. Guests are required to disinfect their hands before boarding the ticketing office and boat.
- When boarding, the first guests are placed in the back of the boat and when disembarking, the guests in the front of the boat are the first to get off.
- The aft deck (if any) will be closed.
- It is not allowed to walk around during the cruise.
- The boats are thoroughly disinfected after every cruise.
- After returning to the dock, no groups are allowed to form on the dock or sidewalk.
- Stay home if you have flu-like symptoms.
- Always follow the instructions of our staff.
On December 1, the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Act will be put into force. This includes the compulsory wearing of face masks in indoor public spaces, such as shops. As a result, wearing a face mask will also be mandatory in our ticketing office and when getting in and off the boat.
We request our guests to abide by the rules so that we can all enjoy a cruise through Amsterdam in a safe way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it still possible to buy tickets at the ticket office?
Yes, our ticket office will also be open. However, we request everyone to pre-book their ticket online if possible. This way we can avoid long lines and crowds on location.
Can I pay with cash at the checkout house?
No, it is no longer possible to pay with cash. We only accept contactless payments.
Is there a bar service on board?
No. Currently, we don’t provide bar service on board. Drinks, snacks and a snack box are available in the cash register house for navigation.
What are the routes on the boat?
When boarding, the first guests are placed in the back of the boat and when disembarking, the guests in the front of the boat are the first to get off.